The main symptoms are:
- Blurred and progressively reduced vision for distance or near. The visual clarity is reduced. - Glare and halos around certain objects.
- Colors become less vivid.
- Intense disturbance in the sun.
- There is no pain.
All these symptoms can affect daily activities such as:
- Driving, especially at night or in very bright light.
- Reading or watching TV. In some cases, in the early stages of some types of cataracts, reading is achieved without glasses.
- Sewing or other hobbies that require the detailed observation of objects.