Tasos Anastasakis is an ophthalmic surgeon specialized in diseases of the posterior segment of the eye and the field of electrophysiology of vision. He graduated from the English programme faculty of the Medical School of the University of Pécs (Hungary). Initially he worked as a clinical research fellow at University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete. He has specialized in ophthalmology at the ophthalmology clinic of Red Cross Hospital and following his basic training, he specialized in the field of clinical electrophysiology of vision and retinal dystrophies at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a clinical and research fellow.
Subsequently he specialized in intraocular inflammation and medical retinal diseases at the University Hospital of Bristol in UK as a clinical fellow. Before commencing his collaboration with the Áthens Eye Hospital, he holded a consultant post in the ophthalmology clinic at the University of Crete, where he specialized in Vitreo-Retinal surgery.
He is the author in peer-reviewed papers in international ophthalmic journals, and ophthalmic books and has received scholarships (grants) from the International Society of Clinical Electrophysiology of Vision (ISCEV) and by the European Society of Ophthalmic Vision and Research (EVER). He is the head of the Clinical Electrophysiology of Vision Unit in Athens Eye Hospital. During the last 4 years he specialised in Ocular Oncology at the University Hospital of Essen (Germany) supervised by Professor Bornfeld, where he acquired surgical experience in Ruthenium plaque Brachytherapy .
1.Tsilimbaris MK, Panagiotoglou TD, Charisis SK, Anastasakis A, Krikonis TS, Christodoulakis E. The use of intravitreal etanercept in diabetic macular oedema. Semin Ophthalmol. 2007;22(2):75-9.
2.Plainis S, Anastasakis AG, Tsilimbaris MK. The value of contrast sensitivity in diagnosing central serous chorioretinopathy. Clin Exp Optom. 2007;90(4):296-8.
3.Kymionis GD, Siganos CS, Tsiklis NS, Anastasakis A, Yoo SH, Pallikaris AI, Astyrakakis N, Pallikaris IG. Long-term follow-up of Intacs in keratoconus. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;143(2):236-244.
4.Anastasakis A, Thobani A, Fishman GA, McAnany JJ. Educational levels in patients with stargardt disease. Am J Ophthalmol. 2010;150(5):737-740
5. Genead MA, Fishman GA, Anastasakis A, Lindeman M. Macular vitelliform lesion in desferrioxamine-related retinopathy. Doc Ophthalmol. 2010 ;121(2):161-6
6. Thobani A, Anastasakis A, Fishman GA. Microperimetry and OCT findings in female carriers of choroideremia. Ophthalmic Genet. 2010;31(4):235-9.
7. Anastasakis A, Fishman GA, Lindeman M, Genead MA, Zhou W. Infrared scanning laser ophthalmoscope imaging of the macula and its correlation with functional loss and structural changes in patients with stargardt disease. Retina. 2011;31(5):949-58.
8. Genead MA, Fishman GA, Anastasakis A. Spectral-domain OCT peripapillary retinal nerve fibre layer thickness measurements in patients with Stargardt disease. Br J Ophthalmol. 2011 ;95(5):689-93.
9. Chow CC, Genead MA, Anastasakis A, Chau FY, Fishman GA, Lim JI. Structural and functional correlation in sickle cell retinopathy using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and scanning laser ophthalmoscope microperimetry. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011;152(4):704-711
10.Anastasakis A, Dick AD, Damato EM, Spry PG, Majid MA. Cancer-associated retinopathy presenting as retinal vasculitis with a negative ERG suggestive of on-bipolar cell pathway dysfunction. Doc Ophthalmol. 2011;123(1):59-63.
11. Gowrisankaran S, Anastasakis A, Fishman GA, Alexander KR. Structural and functional measures of inner retinal integrity following visual acuity improvement in a patient with hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy type VI. Ophthalmic Genet. 2011 ;32(3):188-92.
12. Thobani A, Fishman GA, Genead M, Anastasakis A. Visual acuity loss in recessive retinitis pigmentosa and its correlation with macular lesions. Retina. 2011;31(5):967-72.
13. Anastasakis A, McAnany JJ, Fishman GA, Seiple WH. Clinical value, normative retinal sensitivity values, and intrasession repeatability using a combined spectral domain optical coherence tomography/scanning laser ophthalmoscope microperimeter. Eye (Lond). 2011 ;25(2):245-51.
14. Anastasakis A, Genead MA, McAnany JJ, Fishman GA. Evaluation of retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in patients with retinitis pigmentosa using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography. Retina. 2012;32(2):358-63.
15. Gowrisankaran S , Genead MA., Anastasakis A. Alexander KR Characteristics of late negative ERG responses elicited by sawtooth flicker.Doc Ophthalmol (in press) 2012